23 July 2009

Mother of Two



Hello all! Okay, so now that I am officially the worst blogger in the history of blogging, I think I will make a few posts. I have been a little busy the past 7 weeks since Sam's arrival. Samuel Wright Martin was born on June 4, at 8:18 pm weighing 7 lbs. 6 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long (it was a crazy night...look for the story on the next posting). It has been a pretty smooth adjustment to having two kids. Winston has done so well (with the exception of a few moments) and I envy his energy. The hardest thing to get used to has been the part where I don't get as much done during the day, whether it's errands or cleaning or even a shower. I know this will get better soon. The biggest accomplishment has been that Sam is already sleeping through the night!!!! He eats around 10-10:30 pm and I wake him at 6 am to eat!! He started that about 2 weeks ago. I sometimes get overwhelmed by all the things to do and responsibilities and the lack of time to do them all, but then I look at my precious baby's face as he smiles innocently at me, or I hear my 2 year old say "You know what Mommy?...I love you so much!", and it is all worth it. God is so good to have given me a loving husband who steps in to help with whatever, whenever, and two precious boys! I just want to leave you with the words from a song that probably all of you know, but these days we sing it a lot around here, and our pastor last Sunday repeated throughout the sermon...

Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong,
They are weak but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me; yes, Jesus loves me; yes, Jesus loves me,
The Bible tells me so.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

You are doing such a great job with Winston and Sam! I hope I'm half as good at the mom thing as you are :)

Kendall and Will said...

Yeah! Love the new post! I'm with Whitney...I want all of your good mommy secrets. I love your boys and I'm so thankful I get to watch them grow up.