28 January 2011

May 30, 2011

is not only Memorial Day, but also the day I plan to participate in my first sprint triathlon. I'll say that one more time so it can sink in with all of you who know me...I am doing a triathlon! I almost didn't post about this because I was thinking if I backed out I wouldn't have to worry about any accountability, but I am fully committing to this. Sprint triathlons are shorter distances than normal ones, and this one is just a tad shorter still. It's no IronMan or anything, but to me it may as well be since I doNOT enjoy running (or exercising for that matter). Nevertheless, I am going for it. I started my "Couch to 5K" training last week. Eventually, I will begin biking and swimming (of course, I have to find a bike first). Anyway, the one I am doing will be 400M swim (in pool), 8 mile bike ride (street), and 2 miles running (street). I am really excited at the challenge. Hopefully, after the first one I will be ready to do my second one, the Buster-Britton, at Oak Mountain. The distances for that one are 500M swim (in lake), 10 mile bike ride, and 5K running. Well, pray I will stay focused and disciplined as I train, and also that I will have the equipment needed.

By the way, I am planning to post Christmas and the National Championship soon, so stay tuned...

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I thought you were posting a due date to tell us that you're pregnant! Haha! I was going to kill you for telling us this way! However, I think I'm more shocked by the triathlon than I would be by a pregnancy :) Wow!!